The Countertop Chronicles

"Run by a gun zealot who's too blinded by the NRA" - Sam Penney of RaisingKaine.com

Friday, December 30, 2005

Serenity

Continued the Christmas Week moviethon today.

Finally got a chance to see Serenity. It was pretty good - much better than your usual Star Trek inspired WB Sci Fi crap and a whole lot better than I was expecting. Still, I don't think it was better than Sith (as some folks claimed when it was in Theaters) and while I really enjoyed the movie, my impressions were somewhat diminished after watching the crappy ALL HAIL JOSS WHEDON feature on how he got the movie made. BTW - according to IMDB, he not only wrote the screenplay for Toy Story, but he is working on a Wonder Woman movie for 2007 release. Cool

Also watched Gangs of New York at work today. I had a bunch of stuff on e-waste to read but had the movie playing while I skimmed through it. Good stuff - I actually own the DVD and have seen it three or four times before. A bit violent, but great. And Daniel Day-Lewis is certainly on my short list of greatest actors, ever. Hell, he'd be there simply because of his role as Hawkeye in The Last of the Mohicans.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home