The Countertop Chronicles

"Run by a gun zealot who's too blinded by the NRA" - Sam Penney of

Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Right and Wrong

Frank Deford is so right!
The Opening Ceremonies were, as always, a sappy extravaganza that left a too-sweet taste in every mouth, but I took notice when the Italian national anthem was sung a cappella by a mere little nine-year-old girl. It made me think how, at all our major sports events now, such as the Super Bowl, The Star-Spangled Banner is sung by big celebrities who feel an obligation to put their own fancy stamp on it. A rendition, if you will. A production number. It's catching, too. I was at a hockey game the other night when a pretty vocalist sang both The Star-Spangled Banner and O Canada as if she were in a cabaret.

Somehow, I don't think anybody's national anthem needs to be arranged.

What Would Tyler Durden Do??? is so so very wrong.

But he is fast becoming my very favorite place on the internet.


Post a Comment

<< Home