The Countertop Chronicles

"Run by a gun zealot who's too blinded by the NRA" - Sam Penney of RaisingKaine.com

Wednesday, April 21, 2004

50 Worst Songs

LIke with every other list out there, I both agree and disagree with the selections on Blender Magazine and HV1's List of 50 Worst Songs Ever.

Sure, Starship's We Built This City deserves a special place in the shit pile of popular music (as does Ebony and Ivory and everything by Celine Dion and Jon Bon Jovi) but Everybody Have Fun Tonite, Don't Worry Be Happy and Simon and Garfuunkles Sounds of Silence? Please.

How can they include Wang Chung and completely miss Mr. Mister's Take These Broken Wings which will always remind me of Ricky Schroeder on Silver Spoons for some reason (when I get around to it, and my computer is back up and running, I'll post pics of Ricky and his wife at GW's Inauguration). What about all the horrid Falco Songs (Rock Me Amadeus anyone??) or that Corey Hart I Wear My Sunglasses At Night . . . or Do It For The Boy . . . . in fact, just pull out a video tape of either Solid Gold or Friday Night Videos from the first half of the 80s and your bound to find something more worthy of inclusion on this list.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home