The Countertop Chronicles

"Run by a gun zealot who's too blinded by the NRA" - Sam Penney of RaisingKaine.com

Wednesday, November 24, 2004

Church Guns

Over at the The High Road, we've been discussing carrying guns to church.

I posted that I generally don't because it was my belief that under Virginia law church was one of those places where it was illegal to carry concealed (and I just didn't want to deal with open carrying around all the secret service guys at my church) but Crucible pointed out that the probibition is not absolute.

I hope to research this further over the weekend, especially in light of this report.
Two men wearing ski masks and carrying a gun barged into a Roman Catholic church Monday, robbing parishioners who were waiting for morning Mass to begin, police said.

The men, one of them armed with a gun, entered St. Anthony's just before 6:30 a.m. as about a dozen parishioners were inside.


Yikes.

In other news, I think my wife is finally going to agree to get a Concealed Carry Permit. Were going gun shopping on Saturday for her, and have gotten a baby sitter so that we can grab dinner and go shooting Satuday night.

Fun! Fun!! Fun!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home