The Countertop Chronicles

"Run by a gun zealot who's too blinded by the NRA" - Sam Penney of RaisingKaine.com

Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Philadelphia

Sunday I traveled up to Philly to meet my parents.



Driving in, the city is mostly a dump, but I was surprised at how much I enjoyed the area around the Art Museum



We met at the Philadelphia Museum of Art which is hosting a retrospective on Salvador Dali. It looks to be the same one I saw at the Tate in London a few years ago, and is well worth going to. Unfortunately, we didn't have tickets, so we didn't make it to the special exhibit, though we did take in the rest of this wonderful museum.

For me, of course, the highlight was its tremendous collection of weapons . . .


armor


swords


and even some pretty nice looking rifles.



They actually have one of the better collections of medieval weaponry around, but sadly, their web page doesn't even mention its existence.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home