The Countertop Chronicles

"Run by a gun zealot who's too blinded by the NRA" - Sam Penney of RaisingKaine.com

Thursday, March 31, 2005

The Proverbial Shark

I'm just wondering, that's all, if blogging has indeed jumped the proverbial shark? Was it Terry Schiavo? Dan Rather (or rather the constant and relentless search for mistakes in MSM coverage, no matter how irrelevant) Blog Ads (Is money really the root of all evil)?????

I don't know.

What I do know though is that with all the added media attention - check out any of Howard Kurtz's columns - bloggers are now become nothing more than online version of the shallow-without-original-ideas-talking-point-reading-know(no?)-nothing-cable news-talking-head-personalities that so many of us started blogging to avoid. It seems like nothing more than an echo chamber of tired and boring ideas (regardless of whether your on the right or left).

Its rather depressing . . . . and while I don't think it will mark the end of my blog (not that anyone cares) I am just depressed about the nature and health of the whole enterprise and where it stands today.

What blogging needs is some fresh juice, some fresh ideas. I don't know what it will be or where it will be coming from, but right now, this all seems so last year.

I wonder if Steve Den Beste will ever come out of retirement? At least we still have The Gun Guy to keep us on our toes (and tick people off in new and original ways).


Now that I got that off my chest, I think I might actually go and get some work done today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home