The Countertop Chronicles

"Run by a gun zealot who's too blinded by the NRA" - Sam Penney of RaisingKaine.com

Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Jamal Lewis

In this day and age of outrageous athletic salaries, and even more outragous athlete behavious, its quite refreshing when real stand up guys emerge. Former Volunteer running back, and current Baltimore Raven Jamal Lewis is one of them.

What he did in 2000 was dumb. What he did last Friday was revelatory. Rather than claim he was targeted because of his visibility as an athlete ... rather than blame a challenged childhood, rather than play the "race card" and rage that his only crime was being a black man in America, Lewis said this: "I don't think I'm a victim. I stood up for what I did and everything, and I did my time. I don't have any bitter feelings towards the government and I don't have any bitter feelings towards the prosecutors or anything. They gave me my time. I did what I did, and I stood up for what I did, and I took responsibility for my own actions. I'm the only one accountable for that, and I've done it."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home